- An ambitious project initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014
- A consortium of French universities including the University of Rennes 1, and directed by the prestigious University of Strasbourg (Unistra)
- A new and modern University opened in the center of Baku in September 2016 in the premises of the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU)
- Two national diplomas (French & Azerbaijani diplomas) recognized in France, Azerbaijan
- An international academic staff of high qualified French and Azerbaijani professors delivering lectures mainly in the English language, while the French language is gradually integrated
Since September 2016, UFAZ undertakes the delocalization of 4 double diplomas (at the bachelor level):
- Bachelor of Chemical engineering (Unistra / ASOIU)
- Bachelor of Computer science (Unistra / ASOIU)
- Bachelor of Geophysical engineering (Unistra / ASOIU)
- Bachelor of Oil and Gas engineering (Rennes 1 University / ASOIU)
Who are the students of UFAZ?
UFAZ concerns firstly Azerbaijani students with a strong scientific background, with a basic English knowledge, who have just graduated from high school and have successfully completed the exam of the State Examination Center (SEC), as well as the UFAZ recruitment exam organized by Strasbourg University in Baku.
Starting from the year 2017/2018, UFAZ opens parallel admissions for candidates in the following cases:
- Admission of students already admitted to any higher Azerbaijani educational institution directly in UFAZ Undergraduate program at Year 1 (Y1);
- Admission of Foreign students (non-resident of Azerbaijan / not passing through the State Examination Center – SEC) in UFAZ Foundation Year (FY).
What are the goals of UFAZ?
- To build a university of excellence and international standing
- To create and develop a long-lasting scientific and technical cooperation of high level, and of mutual benefit for both France and Azerbaijan
- To foster the ongoing reforms of the Higher education system in Azerbaijan
- To train, in close partnership with the professional and industrial worlds, especially in the fields of Science and High Technology, a highly skilled workforce, French and English speaking, that will sustain the social economic growth of Azerbaijan