Vacancy for Research Activities Assistant
Brief description of UFAZ: UFAZ is an ambitious project initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014. It is administered by the historic university of Azerbaijan - the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU) from the Azerbaijani side and the prestigious University of Strasbourg (Unistra) from the French side.
UFAZ delivers 2 national diplomas (French and Azerbaijani) at the Bachelor level in the following specialties: Computer Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Geophysics, Oil and Gas engineering. And at the Master level in the following specialties: Data bases and artificial intelligence, Chemical engineering, Physical chemistry/cheminformatics, Geosciences. Tuition language is English.
Vacant position: “Research activities assistant”
Position in the organizational structure: Geosciences Department, French-Azerbaijani University (UFAZ)
Type of contract: Full-time
Start date: ASAP
· Assisting in preparing the agenda for visits of invited research coordinators from France (scheduling meetings with local staff and external partners, accompagnying coordinators during the visits to external organisations, helping with the translation ENG-AZ-ENG at those meeting or prior to them),
· Helping with any kind of sectretariate and administrative assistance related to research activities at UFAZ (prepare follow-up tables on research mobilities, support the preparation of research mobiilities missions of local staff to France, or visit of French researchers to Azerbaidjan, support with procurement management issues if necessary and upon demand),
· Manage the organisation of research seminars at UFAZ, with participation of local staff, invited teachers and external partners (managing scheduling, manage the organisation of seminar at UFAZ, setting up invitations for participants inside and outside of UFAZ) and other research related activities (i.e. an annual conferences, any other seminar/worshop, etc.),
· Act as a secretary to the UFAZ Research Council, which is expected to take place twice per year (prepare the agenda, set a meeting time, liaise with all members for various preparatory or follow-up issues, etc.),
· Assisting where necessary on the work of PhD students,
· When time allows assist the UFAZ Secretary General in various administratvie work related to UFAZ activities (preparing data and other information for steering, research and/or academic committees, etc.).
· Be present during regular working hours (from 09:00 to 18:00).
· Foster positive working relationships with colleagues and other departments.
· Attending necessary training sessions and meetings.
· Master’s degree in Earth Sciences or a related field
· Excellent proficiency in English, with strong communication skills.
· Fluent written and spoken Azerbaijani.
· Motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, and able to collaborate effectively within a team.
Interested candidates are requested to submit in PDF format in English language:
(1) a letter of interest and motivation specifying suitability for the position
(2) an updated resume
Send materials via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is September 30, 2023. For more information about UFAZ, please visit www.ufaz.az