Vacancy for Student Affairs Specialist
Brief description of UFAZ: UFAZ is an ambitious project initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014. It is administered by the historic university of Azerbaijan - the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU) from the Azerbaijani side and the prestigious University of Strasbourg (Unistra) from the French side.
UFAZ delivers 2 national diplomas (French and Azerbaijani) at the Bachelor level in the following specialties: Computer Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Geophysics, Oil and Gas engineering. Tuition language is English.
Position name: Student Affairs Specialist
Position in the organizational structure: Attached to the Education department of the French-Azerbaijani University (UFAZ), under the supervision of the Head of Education Department of UFAZ.
- Implements policies and procedures on a range of student affairs issues such as admissions (ASOIU, UNISTRA), course registration, class absences, graduation processing, petitioning, withdrawals and etc.
- Informs all UFAZ students about the code of conduct and university rules (including examination rules)
- Ensures document turnover (internal documentation, information materials for students, etc.)
- Advises students on study program related matters (such as application processing questions, changes in timetable via social networks, information sessions, receptions, and student orientations)
- Supports in hosting business representatives and participation of students in career fair with internship and recruitment purposes.
- Liaisons with teachers to address and solve student’s problems related to study programs
- In charge of all activities linked to student life at UFAZ
- Supports the organization of student unions and other student clubs
- Supports during annual admission procedures of UFAZ
- Contacts with parents of students, providing information about the university, or the results of the student / any other behavioral issues to report
- Informs Head of the department in case of any serious issues regarding students
- Prepares all relevant statistics and official lists for Azerbaijani ministries, and for UFAZ jury of semester, disciplinary commission, etc.
- Stores and archives in organized manner all files and documents linked to UFAZ students
- Keeps smooth and operational relations with ASOIU educational department
- Communicates to students’ messages sent by other UFAZ departments (approved by the management)
- Implements other duties as assigned by the Head of the department
- Master Degree in education administration or similar field.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani is a must and French language preferable.
- The ability to project a strong positive image of the University through personal interaction with parents, staff, students, and others is required.
- The ability to solve problems commonly found within the higher education environment
- The ability to develop and present educational programs or workshops.
- The ability to assess and interpret individual student needs and to make appropriate referrals.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks as needed
- The ability to make competent, informed determinations and judgments on a range of confidential and/or sensitive issues in area of expertise.
- Proficiency with computing software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and with tough deadlines.
Interested candidates are requested to submit in PDF format in English language:
(1) a letter of interest and motivation specifying suitability for the position
(2) an updated resume
Send materials via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is March 10, 2020.
For more information about UFAZ, please visit www.ufaz.az