Vacancy for teaching and research position in the field of Geosciences
Brief description of UFAZ: UFAZ is an ambitious project initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014. It is administered by the historic university of Azerbaijan - the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU) from the Azerbaijani side and the prestigious University of Strasbourg (Unistra) from the French side.
UFAZ delivers 2 national diplomas (French and Azerbaijani) at the Bachelor level in the following specialties: Computer Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Geophysics, Oil and Gas engineering. And at the Master level in the following specialties: Data bases and artificial intelligence, Chemical engineering, Physical chemistry/cheminformatics, Geosciences. Tuition language is English.
UFAZ announces teaching and research position in the following field:
Type of contract: Full-time
Start date: As soon as possible
- Carries out 192 hours of teaching activities
- Could be expected to contribute to the teaching and learning programs in the department.
- Assists in the supervision of student projects and the development of student research skills.
- May be involved in the assessment of student knowledge and supervision of projects.
- Helps establish a sound research base within the department in order to assist the development of research objectives and proposals for own or joint research.
- Conducts individual and collaborative research projects.
- Writes up research work for publication.
- May contribute to preparing proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and contractual purposes, to support a developing research agenda.
- Keeps up to date with current knowledge and recent advances in the field/discipline.
- Undertakes any other reasonable duties as required by program manager
- General lab management duties will also be required.
- Contributes to the practical aspects of field trials
- Disseminates results of the research in collaboration with other partners in high quality journals and conferences
- PhD or equivalent the relevant field
- Recognized expertise in the relevant scientific field of research
- Ability to carry out high quality teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Engaged in research activity in a local or international laboratory
- Ability to work in a team, and being self-motivated, pro-active and able to plan and work independently
- Strong IT skills and knowledge including experience with a range of laboratory software in the related field
- Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills in English
Interested candidates are requested to submit in PDF format in English language:
(1) a letter of interest and motivation specifying suitability for the position
(2) an updated resume
Send materials via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about UFAZ, please visit www.ufaz.az